• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Fining camera profile DCPs after installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have installed some Linear-Canon camera profiles (DCP files) in Lightroom classic cc (Tony Kuyper, developer of the TK7 and PS panels) but it seems they are installed but they do not appear in the profile browser. I see the Adobe profiles but not the ones I have installed. How to I get the newly installed DCPs to appear?

Are you sure you installed the correct profiles for your camera model? You only say ‘Canon‘ camera profiles, but a profile is camera model specific, not camera brand specific.

I have installed some Linear-Canon camera profiles (DCP files) in Lightroom classic cc (Tony Kuyper, developer of the TK7 and PS panels) but it seems they are installed but they do not appear in the profile browser. I see the Adobe profiles but not the ones I have installed. How to I get the newly installed DCPs to appear?
Also, to import profiles, do the menu command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets. Using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to get them into the correct directories is quite error-prone.

I am aware that there are differnt DCPs for each camera. When I do the install it indicates by a message that the install has occured but the result does not appear in Lightroom. I used "File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets" Frankly the whole process looks like a mess. I have followed the Adobe directions three times step by step but it seems like it just does not work. Not clear why it is so difficult to carry out this process. Clearly I am missing some piece of info but I can't figure out what that is. I want to use a linear DCP as specified by Tony Kuyper (TK7 and TK8 developer) to flatten raw images before my processing. Seems that just zeroing all sliders would get the same thing or close.

I downloaded the Sony DSC-RX100M7 profile from here:
https://goodlight.us/linear-profiles.html
I imported it, selected a raw from that camera, clicked the Profile dropdown menu, selected Browse, and then expanded the Profiles group to find the profile:

1634449020790.png

Some things to triple-check:

- Make sure to expand the Profiles group, as shown above.

- Verify you're editing a raw, not a JPEG, from the correct camera by typing "i" twice in Develop to display the info overlay in the upper-left corner. Every month or so there's a report on the forums of someone not realizing their camera settings had gotten reset and that they've been editing JPEGs rather than raws.

If these steps don't help, then post the particular camera model you're using, and we can try that linear profile (perhaps there's a problem with that particular profile).

I am working on it. Apparently there are a lot of camera profiles that come with an installation of one of the Adobe products. I stumbled on these while trying to install the camera profiles I got from T Kuyper, Linear Profile Repository I had trouble installing them with his directions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back