• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Finding photos with no location data in CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasTupper

Lightroom Version Number
CC version 2.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi Guys,

I have previously been using classic but wanted to the cloud based CC. I created a duplicate catalogue of my usual classic catalogue & synced with the cloud. All has gone well, classic file structure is flat but OK if going to use for editing & geotagging. The location data hasn't synced back to classic though. Of my 9500 photos in CC about 7500 don't have gps data showing in classic, but most have it in CC. I was wanting to use classic to keep the location stuff up to date in CC.

I am struggling to search for photos in CC without location data, so I can add this in classic - is there a way to do this via a search?

Thanks,

You can do it in Classic using Metadata filter columns > set one to GPS Data > No co-ordinates

You can do it in Classic using Metadata filter columns > set one to GPS Data > No co-ordinates
Thanks Victoria, but as said, the location data in CC hasn't synced to classic, so I have photos in classic without GPS data that have it in CC. There are some CC photos without location data, but short of manually checking 9400 photos I don't know which ones.....

GPS co-ordinates sync to/from Classic, but CC has no way to manually add them, so where did it come from?

Location text metadata fields can be added in CC, but they don't sync to/from Classic, so finding/adding them in Classic wouldn't help.

OK, thanks.

They were all 'geotagged' in classic before migrating them to CC. Then, when I synced to a new classic catalogue, majority weren't there.

I guess I'll have to go back to using classic as main app & sync previews to CC for mobile use.

Thanks Victoria for your prompt replies - much appreciated!

How did you migrate to CC? Any geotagging that was in the Classic catalog should have transferred to CC, and the GPS data should sync back down.

And why did you sync to a new Classic catalog instead of just turning on sync in the migrated one?

I created a duplicate catalogue of my classic CC work. I then migrated this catalogue to CC so that the original catalogue could still be used if I didn’t get on with CC. I then created a new catalogue in classic & synced the newly migrated catalogue to that!

I can go & sync the migrated cc catalogue back to the duplicate catalogue & see if that works better? If not, I’ll just stick with classic & accept the limited sync capabilities.....

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back