• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Finding photos that are not in a collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

markhughesrn

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
current cloud based LL clasic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am trying to organize my photos by sorting them into collections. I have approx. 15000 photos., and it is very tedious to look for that tiny little box that lets you know its in a collecdtion. Is there a way to sort into a collection all those photos that are not in a collection similar to the collection without keywords. Like ( a collection called "not in a collection")

I am trying to organize my photos by sorting them into collections. I have approx. 15000 photos., and it is very tedious to look for that tiny little box that lets you know its in a collecdtion. Is there a way to sort into a collection all those photos that are not in a collection similar to the collection without keywords. Like ( a collection called "not in a collection")

After messing with all the different combinations possible, I think I found the answer.
1. Create a smart collection
a. call it Not in a Collection
2. Match any of the following rules where ( ) represents the drop down options you can have
a. (collection,) ( doesn't contain,) (a e I o u) (with spaces in between)

Looks like you found a good solution In the future the AnyFilter plugin is very helpful for this kind of search too....

Any Filter Lightroom Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back