• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Finding images containing only given keyword(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis Pagé

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
The goal here is to find images/photos containing given keywords but no others! Only those you want.

I tested first and what confused me was that I saw more than wanted but at least, only the ones containing a given keyword were selected. Easy then to send them to the Quick Collection. So I added that step #1 and #1' below.

When it is written Ctrl-Cmd just use Ctrl for Windows operating systems and Cmd for Mac OS systems.

How To:
  1. Empty the Quick Collection
  2. Under the Catalogue list left pane in Library, select "All Photos"
  3. In the Library's filters, select Metadata
  4. In the Keywords column, click the first keyword, go down to the last keyword and Shift-Click to select them ALL. Do not just click the first entry saying "All Keywords"!
  5. In same column, deselect the wanted/target keyword(s) with Ctrl-Cmd-click
  6. Select all photos with Ctrl-Cmd-A
  7. Always in same filters column click the wanted/target keywords
  8. In menu, just select "Invert Selection!
  9. Press B to send the selected ones to the Quick Collection
  10. Under the Catalogue list left pane in Library, select "Quick Collection"
BINGO!

Not elegant method but it works! :D

Note that you can also use the same method to find "Contain only those keywords" by selecting more than one in steps 5 and 7 but choose the same in both steps.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back