• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Filters not remembered when moving away from collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarathonMax

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I do not know if it is a 'collections thing' or a setting I have not activated (I switch Mac a few months ago) but it used to be that when navigating between folders (and collections too, although not sure) LR would remember my filter settings (bottom right). As a wedding photog, I like the filter I call "Not rejected" which lists all non-rejected (marked with X shortcut) pics. Now, I need to reapply this setting as I return to a folder ... and it used to work before .... so is it a Collections thing (I have included LR Mobile in my workflow now and work primarily in collections as opposed to Folders before) or a setting I have to activate somewhere so that LR remembers that this collection should be filtered as chosen. Tks.

Look at the upper right corner of the filter bar. There is a lock icon. Click on it to close the lock.

Do the menu command File > Library Filters and ensure the menu item Lock Filters is checked and the item Remember Each Source's Filters Separately is unchecked:

1652383720529.png

If that doesn't help, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Do the menu command File > Library Filters and ensure the menu item Lock Filters is checked and the item Remember Each Source's Filters Separately is unchecked:

View attachment 18592

If that doesn't help, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.
this is it !!! Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back