• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Filtering for edited images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marin

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to filter for or collect edited images!
I tried to create a smart collection with the edit date, but it shows newer, unedited files as well. Looking for badges isn't an option with 45''' pics.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Marin

Try under the Metadata filters on the Filter Bar. If you select Develop Preset, you can select everything except 'Default Settings' for the edited files.

This also has the funny effect of photos disappearing once you decide your edit sucks and you click "reset" - poof! the pic is gone :)

This also has the funny effect of photos disappearing once you decide your edit sucks and you click "reset" - poof! the pic is gone :)

This is the way any filter setting works. When you clicked reset, the photo is no longer "edited". And the photo has only disappeared from the filtered set, not from the LR database. For example, if you filter by Pick flag and then remove the Pick flag from a given photo in the displayed set, it is no longer part of the set so it disappears from view. To see it again, you have to turn off that filter setting.

To get around this, you can apply a color label to the photos in the original filtered set, and that label will stick no matter the filter setting.

I think Marin was kidding Jim! :lol:

I was kidding, it's of course just a matter of how this works.

Still, I was filtering for edited images, picked one out where I wanted to change some setting, played around in Develop for a few minutes, then decided I wanted to start over, hit reset, and had the photo disappear from the develop module.

It took me a while to realize why it had disappeared, since I had simply forgotten about the filtering.

I know, confused me the first time that happened too Marin!

I used to use a Quick Collection for gathering images that need keywording, while working in Develop. I've recently found it's easier on my fingers if I use a star-rating of 1.
It's just physically more automatic to hit the numpad 1 key, rather than try to touch-type the 'b' key, in the reduced lighting of my edit area.

The point being, if I'm not careful with filters now, the 1-stars disappear just like Marin's.
Even though I know what's happening, it's disconcerting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back