• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Filtering by flag status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
[size=small]I'm trying to filter by flag status. The filter bar shows three flags, a solid white flag, an open flag that shows a border when the curser is on it and a black flag which shows a cross on the mast when the curser is on it. I can't work out the intended logic here. It seems to give inconsistent results when I click on the flags and it keeps stating "Filter based on flag status (Flagged only)" whatever that means, no matter what flag I click on. I think I'm missing something here. Can anyone help?[/size]

There are 3 'flag' options: flagged (solid white), unflagged (open flag), or rejected (black with the x)....and these can be applied in a variety of ways.

With regards to the filter bar, filtering by flag status works as follows:

1. All three flag symbols can be individually turned on or off by clicking on them in the Attribute Filter. The individual flag symbols change to indicate whether they are on or off: highlighted = ON, dimmed = OFF.
2. So with all three turned ON, ALL pictures in the overall selection will be included in the filter (because you are selecting all flagged, all rejected, and all unflagged items).
3. And of course the same applies if you turn all three OFF, because you are no longer filtering on the flag status.
4. Turning individual flags on and off gives you a variety of permutations, e.g. rejected only, flagged only, rejected and flagged, unflagged and flagged, unflagged and rejected, etc.

Hope that makes sense....the key thing is recognising whether you have turned the flags on or off in the filter bar.

:icon_idea: Thanks Jim! That makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back