Filter on missing photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelin

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Did a machine change & upgrade. I'm fairly adept at this kind of stuff & had very few issues re-connecting to my files. I did find one subdirectory was not re-linked and it was quite disconcerting because I don't know why. It was amongst others that reconnected on the same drive.

Anyways, I'm at a loss to make a filter to show files that are missing, i.e. show the question mark, just to make sure there aren't other areas I've not re-linked.

Thanks in advance.

btw, it's really nice on a new hoppped up machine to have a brush that follows you instead of 15-20 second delay.

Neelin,

In LR3 you find "Find Missing Photos" under the Library Menu.

Beat

I'm embarrassed. I google searched and was fixated on using the metadata filter.

Robert

No need to be embarrassed Robert. I'm sure Adobe just hide a few things to keep people on their toes. :D

I'm embarrassed. I google searched and was fixated on using the metadata filter.

Robert

Well, no need for emarassement, as it's not the most logical place to look for it :)

Beat

Did a machine change & upgrade. I'm fairly adept at this kind of stuff & had very few issues re-connecting to my files. I did find one subdirectory was not re-linked and it was quite disconcerting because I don't know why. It was amongst others that reconnected on the same drive.

Anyways, I'm at a loss to make a filter to show files that are missing, i.e. show the question mark, just to make sure there aren't other areas I've not re-linked.

Thanks in advance.

btw, it's really nice on a new hoppped up machine to have a brush that follows you instead of 15-20 second delay.
Just discovered how to filter the missing. (not find originals and update) first make smart previews then
Library menu / filter by metadata / add column / (at the top of the column) choose filter by smart preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back