• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

filter by size for import?

shipaground

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Is it possible to have LRC only import files over a certain size? I have a backup of lots of lost pictures on an old HDD but of course there are literally hundreds of thousands of little scraps of GIF JPG and PNG on the drive. What I'd like to do is cut back the task by only importing RAW, TIFF, DNG PSD and JPG over a certain size (I don't produce any PNGs so I don't need them). I can use the COPY command to make sure they end up in the right place. Thanks in advance

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
In your situation, it's probably easiest to use Finder to sort and filter for the desired files. Then select all of them in Finder and drag them onto the LR icon in the dock at the bottom of your screen. That will open the Import window in LR, and you can select the desired import options (Add, Move, Copy, etc.).

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
You can also sort by file type in the Import window. You could use this to import all your raw, TIFF, DNG, and PSDs, and then use the Finder method to pick up only the larger JPEGs:

1592759013067.png