• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Filter behavior in Library mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Is it just me, or have I missed a setting?

Situation: I am in library mode, and I turn on a filter to select only 3 star photos (or any star or color label).
In the grid view, I see a photo I want to export for some reason.
The export completes, and then the filter turns off.
This is a bit irritating, as there maybe more I want to select.

Is this a bug? Is it just designed this way?

Thanks.

I can't reproduce this. Maybe it's some setting in the Export dialog (like 'Add to this catalog')?

I can't reproduce this. Maybe it's some setting in the Export dialog (like 'Add to this catalog')?
Good thought. I almost always export to a new folder which is often a subset of the original, but I always set "add to this catalog".
The filter shouldn't even see the new folder, though.

Johan - that was it. I just did an export and did not " add to catalog" and the filter stayed as originally set.
Strange.
I could understand it if I put it in the same folder I was filtering.

It even happens when I export to a folder outside or away from the parent folder and check "add to this catalog".

edit - btw, I don't have "show images in subfolders" checked.

It has to be the way a filter is set to work - we don't see the hidden instructions to first filter on the catalog for the chosen folder; then on the "star" criteria. Once the catalog is modified, the filter needs to be reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back