• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Filmstrip Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_Culver@123

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
The top portion of my filmstrip disappeared the other day and I can't quite figure out how to get it back. The double-arrow utility is not an option. I shut down my computer. I turned off the software. I turned my Mac back on. I restarted Lightroom. I went into Panel (show and hide filmstrip) and that didn't work either. I'm at a loss. See attached image (hopefully it loads correctly).
SCREEN -- b.jpg

Top of toolbar (filmstrip) is truncated. I cannot adjust the size.

Thanks in advance!!

Have you tried keyboard shortcut for the toolbar "T"

Well never mind that, I see that part of the toolbar is visible. Seems like more of an OS / Display issue. I'm not familiar with Mac, so can't help there.

Last edited:
I haven't seen exactly that before, but if my Lightroom windows act a bit funny from time to time, it helps if I press <SHIFT> + <F> 3 times to switch through the different window modes.

I've just remembered, just double check Window menu > Show Tab Bar isn't checked.

I don't have it solved yet. But, thank you for your feedback! I'll keep experimenting on my end. Loved the smaller view...here's hoping I'll figure it out sooner or later. Smiles, m

One of Victoria's "Standard Trouble-shooting Steps" includes resetting the Preferences file. Have you tried that?

@Jim, yes. Thank you. While restarting the program I did reset the preferences. Thank you for asking. And, that did not remedy the problem.

I find that I encounter problems when I create new presets because I assume that I should be able to start typing immediately. However, I must click in the title box in order for my typing to rename the new preset. This is where I find that random and new things start happening (because the program thinks I want it to perform keyboard shortcuts). And, that is not the case. I try to recreate whatever keyboard strokes I just performed. Sometimes that helps. Sometimes it does not.

I don't have the luxury of deleting the program and re-installing it (an old-school way of doing things). I think I max out on two or three downloads--if I remember correctly. I'd rather not waste one of those downloads on this error. Or, is it computer-sensitive? Can it detect that I would be re-installing on the same computer? Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:
@Jim,
I don't have the luxury of deleting the program and re-installing it (an old-school way of doing things). I think I max out on two or three downloads--if I remember correctly. I'd rather not waste one of those downloads on this error. Or, is it computer-sensitive? Can it detect that I would be re-installing on the same computer? Thoughts, anyone?
There is no limit at Adobe on how many times you can reinstall LR. You can download LR to any number of computers. However, your license only permits a registered copy on 2. All others are considered trial versions and will expire after 30 days unless registered with your license. If you need to transfer licenses to a different (3rd) computer, you will need to remove the licensed version from one of the other two. LR will recognize your existing license if you do a fresh install on the same computer.

As for some of the other issues. There is a program concept called "hasFocus" The window where the mouse last clicked "hasFocus" and that is where any keystrokes will be interpreted. The Side panels are sensitive to short cut keys UNLESS one of the text entry fields is highlighted ("hasFocus"). In the Preset Panel if you click on the (+) in the panel header, the New Preset Dialog opens and the Preset Name field is highlighted (hasFocus). If you click anywhere else before beginning to type the Preset Name, the Preset Name field loses focus and your typing goes elsewhere.

I performed a hard restart. I used the off button on the reverse of my computer. I had it stay off for a short period of time. Now that it has restarted the problem has solved itself. The earlier restart did not remedy the problem. Again, I am so thankful for all of the feedback you all provided.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back