• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Film strip missing info in Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have an odd problem with LR 6.9 on my iMac. The film strip (as I call it) at the bottom of the Library screen shows only a part of each thumbnail image and not the usual info (filename). It's almost as if the strip is partly hidden behind the main Library screen. I hope that makes sense. I wonder if anyone could advise on how to get the film strip back in full on my screen?

Regards

Chris

Why don’t you update to 6.14? That is the latest version of Lightroom 6, and I believe there were some fixes for incompatibilities with Mojave. Download Photoshop Lightroom

Thank you both. I'll look into these options later today and let you know how I get on. Regards. Chris

Adobe say LR 6 is no longer available so an upgrade to 6.14 looks impossible. I've just realised that the version of LR on my MacBook (also running Mojave 10.14.3) is 6.14 - I must have upgraded it at some point before LR6 became unavailable. It does indeed show all of the filmstrip info.

I did try F6 which hides the filmstrip on my iMac version of LR (6.9) but doesn't reveal the missing info on hitting F6 again. The same partial concealment is still there. I can work on my laptop preparing images for Alamy but it isn't as comfortable as on the iMac.

LR was working well on the iMac until recently. I've no idea why it suddenly developed this problem but if I can no longer upgrade to 6.14 it seems I'm stuck with it?

Regards

Chris

Adobe say LR 6 is no longer available so an upgrade to 6.14 looks impossible.
No, it's not impossible. Just use the link that Johan supplied, then scroll down and expand the Lightroom 6 section and you'll see the download links for 6.14.

Thank you for the reassurance that 6.14 is still available. I've followed the link to LR6. There is no mention of the version. On downloading it I find it describes itself as LR6-LS11. I'm reluctant to install it incase it distrurbs my existing version even further.

Last edited:
Thank you for trying. I'm afraid that link leads to a dead end. Looks as though I'm stuck with this problem.

My thanks to all who have tried to offer a solution.

As a postscript to the above I've just opened LR on my iMac to find that the problem has gone away! Not sure what I did but my normal filmstrip is sitting happily at the bottom of my screen again.

Yes, it seems that that page link we all gave above is once again (as it did late January) limiting the download to 6.0 installer only (now dated March 14th!)?
Hmmmm, thanks for flagging that. I'll see what I can find out.

I think we'll find that things have been changed so that the single download will now install the final version, i.e. 6.14, much like the download for LR5 will install 5.7.1.

I tested that theory on my Windows system, and sure enough 6.14 is what I ended up with after downloading and installing that one file.

Oh good, thanks Jim. I was being lazy and leaving a note for Rikk to find out! ;-)

The problem is that it states that 6.0 is being installed, and the CC App also shows 6.0 as well, but it's definitely 6.14 that has been installed. So plenty of scope for confusion.

The problem is that it states that 6.0 is being installed, and the CC App also shows 6.0 as well, but it's definitely 6.14 that has been installed. So plenty of scope for confusion.
Nice. Thankyou Jim
"All in one 6.14" will make it easier to re-install. (And explain to questions about downloads!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back