• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Filled my storage on iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

happygun

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hi.
I am using Lightroom cloud storage to move my photos from my iPhone to my desktop.
I have used all my 20gb allowance.
How do I remove photos from the cloud to allow the next 20gb batch to be uploaded to the cloud and so downloaded to my laptop?
Unfortunately the app doesn't provide much guidance, it just tells me to buy more storage...

Also, for iPhone photos imported to Lightroom iOS, is it possible to view location on the iOS app?

If you have a 20gb allowance only, that means you have the version of the Photography Plan subscription that includes LR Classic and Photoshop as well as the "cloud" apps. Assuming you are still using Classic, and also assuming you have it set to sync with the cloud, all the iPhone photos will, once uploaded to the cloud, download into your Classic catalog. If you then wish to remove those iPhone photos from the cloud, but keep them in classic on the desktop, select them all and click on the All Synced Photographs special collection in the Catalok panel. The selected images should still be selected, so right-click on any one of the selected images and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs" from the context menu that appears.

In removing those images from that All Synced Photographs collection, that action automatically deletes them from the cloud (but retains them in Classic), thus freeing up the cloud space for the next 20gb of iPhone pictures to upload.

If you have a 20gb allowance only, that means you have the version of the Photography Plan subscription that includes LR Classic and Photoshop as well as the "cloud" apps. Assuming you are still using Classic, and also assuming you have it set to sync with the cloud, all the iPhone photos will, once uploaded to the cloud, download into your Classic catalog. If you then wish to remove those iPhone photos from the cloud, but keep them in classic on the desktop, select them all and click on the All Synced Photographs special collection in the Catalok panel. The selected images should still be selected, so right-click on any one of the selected images and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs" from the context menu that appears.

In removing those images from that All Synced Photographs collection, that action automatically deletes them from the cloud (but retains them in Classic), thus freeing up the cloud space for the next 20gb of iPhone pictures to upload.

Thanks Jim.

If i deleted the pictures from the lightroom cloud, how would Lightroom on my iPhone know which photos from the iOS camera roll it has or has not already imported?
Or is it a painstaking task of matching the images from the iOS camera roll to lightroom one by one?

Yes if you are transferring lots of photos you need to have a bit of a plan. You could work in batches of months or years but you will need to make make notes of what you have done. Alternatively when you remove the previous batch from "All-synced Photographs" just leave the latest photo synced which will kind of become a bookmark for where you left off.

I now do this operation on a weekly basis and so its much easier to know where you are up to.

Yes if you are transferring lots of photos you need to have a bit of a plan. You could work in batches of months or years but you will need to make make notes of what you have done. Alternatively when you remove the previous batch from "All-synced Photographs" just leave the latest photo synced which will kind of become a bookmark for where you left off.

I now do this operation on a weekly basis and so its much easier to know where you are up to.
Thanks Mark.

I think in this instance it will be easier to use a manual export from OSX photos and import into lightroom desktop. To ensure all photos are imported.

Is there a method on iOS Lightroom to say only import and upload new photos from the camera roll, or am i going to need to empty the camera roll once i have imported all apple photos into lightroom.

Is there a method on iOS Lightroom to say only import and upload new photos from the camera roll
If you use the "Auto Add from Camera Roll" option on your iPhone (LR Mobile Settings>Import menu), that's the way it's supposed to work, i.e. automatically import any images which are newly added to the Camera Roll. If using that setting, however, you would be advised to make sure iCloud for Photos is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back