• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Files recognized by LR in Import, missing in Library

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
LR 8.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
This is the error message I am getting: "The destination folder “/Volumes/LaCie/Previous backup from Iomega.maybe incomplete 1.9.19/Iomega HDD from Backblaze/2015_12_11 to be sorted lx5” is not available. Using “Pictures” folder instead."

I have restored files onto a new external hard drive, the LaCie. The original drive failed and I have a back up service that sent me a hard disk with all my photo files. So the files are on the external drive that is recognized by LR. When I go to the Import screen the files are there. Do I have to import those files in LR if they are already recognized by LR on the external drive? I ask because when go into the Library, the photo files are missing.

("Previous backup from Iomega.maybe incomplete 1.9.19/Iomega HDD from Backblaze/2015_12_11 to be sorted lx5" This crazy file label - not sure what it is. Part of it is from a label I used. )

Also when I am in Library, the files that show up on the external hard drive are just a few files and not the all the files that are visible in the Import window.

So how do I access those files through LR Library??? Frustrating.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
These are images of LR for the problem I discussed above.

Thanks in advance.

Roberta

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-21 16.20.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-21 16.20.22.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot 2019-01-21 16.19.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-21 16.19.46.png
    23 KB · Views: 153