• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

files not linking

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic Version 11.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello all, and happy 2022. This is a strange situation and I'm guessing someone will have an easy answer for it. Just yesterday I noticed that when I have the opening screen of LR opened in order to see all the files and folders on the side, the subfolders beneath the main folder (say, the main folder is 2021, the subfolders are described by date and topic) are not rolling up into the main folder by photo count, e.g., I'll have a main folder "2021 Color Photos" and beneath that heading I'll have a subfolder titled "2021 night photography" and the night photography folder will have five dated subfolders of its own each date containing multiple individual photos/files. I just noticed yesterday that those individual photo/files are not being counted by the aggregating folder and the multiple subfolders for 2021 are not being counted by the "master" 2021 folder. In effect, the individual files are not rolling up by count into the folder. The files/photos are all there, and they are accessible to LR, but somehow they are not being counted by the master folder in every case. This is a new phenomenon in the last couple of days--I would have noticed this had it occurred before. Has anyone run into this before? thank

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
It happens frequently. You need to ensure that the option to "Show Photos in Sub-Folders" (in the Library menu) is checked.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
yep, that was it. Of course, I do not remember un-checking this to begin with, but, hey, I'm taking this and moving on. This is why you are a Guru and I am not. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.