• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Filename almost unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Claude

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I find it very difficult to read the filenames under each thumbnail because the text is almost the same tone of grey as the background. I haven't noticed much complaints about this, so is there anyone else out there who feels the same, or is it just me? And, is there a way to increase contrast?
Capture d’écran, le 2019-01-26 à 14.38.36.png

I was going to suggest that you change the background color, as Victoria's book suggests, by going to Edit/Preferences/Interface/Background and choosing a different color for the Main Window, but unexpectedly this doesn't seem to work. Either something is broken, or (more likely) I'm doing something wrong. Does this work for others, or am I just in the wrong place?

Addendum: It does change the background for the loupe view, but not for the grid view which (I think) the OP was referring to.

Not what you're after but if you click on the image to select it, the canvas goes white and will offer more contrast with the text. also, you can see the file name in the metadata panel for an active image it it is the only one selected.

Have you looked at using the Expanded Cells in the grid, rather than the Compact Cells that you are using in your screenshot. If you switch to Expanded, and then select File Name in the top right box, you should find that it displays with more contrast than if it is displayed beneath the cell in Compact Cell mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back