• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

File size when exported is not exact as selected setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello and Happy New Year to all.

I plan to upload some photos to a site called Fine Art America for selling. They request that file sizes cannot be larger than 25MB. Of course I want the maximum size I can upload but I cannot determine to to set my eport file to to a particular dimension in Megabytes. As always any help in this is greatly appreciated.
Thank You to all.

John

You can't specify a specific output file size, though you can set a maximum file size. To do that, in the Export dialog>File Settings section, check the "Limit File Size" option and enter the value of 25000 (as the setting value is in KB) in order to limit the size to 25MB. Be aware though that the only way that Lightroom can enforce any limited file size (if needed) is by reducing the requested Quality value that you may have set (as soon as you check the "Limit File Size" box, the Quality box is greyed out). A lot depends on other factors, such as cropped size of the input file and the filetype of the output file, though if exporting to Jpeg the input file size would have to be pretty large to exceed 25MB when exported at full quality.

You can't specify a specific output file size, though you can set a maximum file size. To do that, in the Export dialog>File Settings section, check the "Limit File Size" option and enter the value of 25000 (as the setting value is in KB) in order to limit the size to 25MB. Be aware though that the only way that Lightroom can enforce any limited file size (if needed) is by reducing the requested Quality value that you may have set (as soon as you check the "Limit File Size" box, the Quality box is greyed out). A lot depends on other factors, such as cropped size of the input file and the filetype of the output file, though if exporting to Jpeg the input file size would have to be pretty large to exceed 25MB when exported at full quality.

Hi Jim.

Thank You Very Much! I will give it a try and let you know in a day or two.

John

Hi Jim,

I found this article online and I think it will help me. I just wanted to share it with you. Hopefully by next week I can give it a try. I will let you know if it helped me as soon as I can.

John

Attachments

• How to Calculate Image Size in Photoshop.pdf
    743.3 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back