• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

File size of share web album from Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

I am now quite often sharing collections directly from Classic with the automatically created link you can copy as soon as you make an collection a shared collection.

I am very happy with the fast way of sharing stuff with people who should only have access to a specific collection, without giving them access to my portfolio page etc.

However I just wanted to ask what the file size or resolution is as default on such a shared collection album? Is it possible to specify somehow the file size for downloading of pictures? I mean if someone downloads the shared collection, which resolution will he get?

Regards,
Tom

He should get the full cropped resolution if the file in the cloud is an original, but if it's synced from Classic (and thus only a smart preview) it'll be max 2560 on the long edge.

Oh, thanks for the info but what do you mean by "if the file in the cloud is an original"? Will it not be an original if I make the collection shared? Doesnt that men its synced from Classicand if so how can I share a collection with originals?

Regards,
Tom

If you import directly into any of the Lightroom cloud apps (desktop, mobile or web), they upload the original to the cloud. However, if you import into Classic and sync from there to the cloud, Classic only creates smart previews which are uploaded to the cloud.

So, what the viewer will see depends on what/how you imported. If you synced from Classic but want the viewer to have access to the originals, then you have to replace the smart previews in the cloud with the originals, which you can only do by importing the original files into one of the Lightroom cloud apps.

Ok then I got it. I am importing my pictures in classic since that is my main working environment and I dont want to change that.

Anyway you mentioned that the smart previous that are synced from Classic have a resolution of 2560, which is actually not bad, I think I can live with that in general. In case someone needs a picture bigger than than in rare cases then I just export him an original file size.

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back