• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

File Size Not Accepted in LR CC2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potus5

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've encountered a problem that has not happened to me before. While I understand that LRCC 2015 does not currently accept and read "PSB" files - PS's format for"big" files, those larger than 2Gs, normally with such PSB files I open them in PS Creative Cloud and re-save them as a "TIFF". Up to now I've never had a problem with LRCC recognizing these TIFFs and importing them into the LR catalogue. Today however I had a situation of two PSBs which when I re-saved them as TIFFs came ended up being 1.91G and 1.64G respectively in size. And LRCC would not import either one of them - even thought they are under TIFFs "standard" 2G limit. In both cases LRCC gave me an error message on import - "file could not be imported; too big". Any ideas as to what is the problem with LRCC in recognizing and importing these?

I think that "too big" refers to the pixel dimensions. IIRC, there's a limit of 65000 pixels on the long edge. So check the image size in Photoshop, and downsize it if necessary to get under that 65k limit.

Jim - interesting point and thanks for the info - I had not realized LR had a pixel dimension limit on its import capacity. I did examine the TIFF files and the 65K limit does not seem to be the issue. Examined one of the problem TIFFs and while it is a 4.4G file its dimensions are 53646 pixels wide x 29364 pixels high - well within the 65000 pixel long edge limit of LR.

Jim - ops, gave you some wrong info in my previous message. The Tiff file size was not 4.4G; rather its a 1.65G file measuring 53646 pixels wide x 29364 pixels high.

There's a secondary limit, in addition to the 65000 pixels on the long edge, and that is that the file can be no larger than 512 megapixels (not megabytes), and your file is about 3 times larger than this. So that's the problem, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back