• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

File not found after Importing Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronn356

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
1. As I mentioned in another thread, I had upgraded to Adobe LrC 11 and everything seemed to convert OK. My first image shows the upgraded library, which is stored on my LaCie external drive.
2. Most of my work involves uploaded scanned or saved images from my desktop—historic photos, images. I was able, as with my LR6.14 program, to upload images from my desktop, and they also were saved in my library collection on my hard drive. In this instance, they appeared in my (LrC 11) library window, which indicated that they had been uploaded. I assumed that they had been saved to my library too. My second image shows them appearing on my screen in "library" mode. I was also able to transfer them to a collection for later use.
3. However, when I tried to edit any photo, I received an error message of "File Not Found." See third image attached.
4. And, when I tried to locate the image, the finder located it on my desktop, not in the LR library of images (my external drive). Fourth image attached .

So, I must have goofed somewhere and the uploaded files are not automatically loading into my library located on the hard drive. When using LR 6, that was an automatic procedure. Have I missed a step here somewhere? Something I didn't set up?

Attachments

• 1 My LR Catalogs 22-1-21.png
    1 My LR Catalogs 22-1-21.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2 Files Importd frm Dsktop.png
    2 Files Importd frm Dsktop.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 3 %22File Not Found%22.png
    3 %22File Not Found%22.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 4 Cannot Find Orig File msg.png
    4 Cannot Find Orig File msg.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 74
I just noticed the Jan 2022 LRQ newsletter and it has the topics that may answer my questions, so I am going to read that and maybe solve my problems. Will report back.

Hmmm; on this new computer, my images appear to be going to a folder collection in my desktop Samsung SSD. Shouldn't these be going into my LR catalog on my external drive? See attached image and notice the Folders section on left.

Attachments

• 5 Uploaded Imgs Going to SSD?.png
    5 Uploaded Imgs Going to SSD?.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back