jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
So I got the Topaz bundle and am trying it on old noisy and soft photos. So far the DeNoise and Sharpen are 'ok' but no giant leaps over LR or PS, and I'm finding that using Enhance then applying a little noise reduction and sharpening in LR or CR or PS, results in a much better image than Gigapixel generates.
Anyway, I wanted any photo edited in
Topaz DeNoise Ai to have _TD added to the processed filename
Topaz Sharpen Ai to have _TS added to the processed filename
Topaz Gigapixel Ai to have _TG added to the processed filename

In Preferences, the Edit Externally File Naming / Custom Settings can be set to do that 'seemingly' for each one, but it applies the same naming convention to everything I use the Edit In function for. So if the last time I do the Custom Settings I leave it at _TG then process an image in Sharpen Ai, that image gets _TG on it as well.
Does Lightroom not make it possible to have custom naming conventions for EACH plugin? If so, can anyone advise as to how to achieve that?
Thanks in advance.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I think there a number of us who wish for that feature @jjlad. Unfortunately, you've discovered that what a number of us have already complained about.

As a workaround, I try to remember to rename the image when it comes back into LrC.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Status
Not open for further replies.