Feel like I am beating my head off the wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkjunkie

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I spent the summer shooting at 3 different race tracks. Have a friend that wants an image exactly as I posted it on FB, however he wants it in a 4x5 print...I shoot 2x3. I have tried to explain to him the whole aspect ratio thing...hence the beating my head off the wall. Any suggestions sure would be appreciated. I have only been shooting/editing for a few years but I am unaware of any editing software that can magically make data appear :D

You should not try to make data appear, you should crop (a virtual copy of) the image to a 4:5 aspect ratio. Then you can print it as requested.

Or take it into Photoshop, squish it to the right shape to show him how silly it looks and then give him the correctly cropped file!

You should not try to make data appear, you should crop (a virtual copy of) the image to a 4:5 aspect ratio. Then you can print it as requested.
I have emailed this individual several different versions of the image, cropped to a 4:5 ratio. It is almost like he does not see them...
Or take it into Photoshop, squish it to the right shape to show him how silly it looks and then give him the correctly cropped file!
This is next.
Honestly...this is the reason why I don't push selling images. This is not the first time I had some one want something that is simply impossible. A while back I posted an image on FB...it was a slightly blurry panning shot...even laughing about how the camera focused on bits of the racer and not on others. This racer contacted me about getting a print..20"x30"...of this image. I politely explained to him that it is going to look blurry...he bought it anyway.

I am unaware of any editing software that can magically make data appear :D
You might be amazed what Photoshop can do with [Content Aware Fill]
If there is 'blue sky' in the image, increase the canvas (to 4:5) and content aware fill more sky.

If there is 'blue sky' in the image, increase the canvas (to 4:5) and content aware fill more sky.
Back drop is light poles, an RV, several people and more race cars. I just ordered them from Costco...if he does not like them I am only out $5

Content Aware Transform can operate the other way, making the photo fit a different crop ratio by squeezing the plain areas (such as a layer of blue sky) without affecting the detailed areas (like clouds above the blue layer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back