• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Favorite/recent sources menu - how to export/import to a new catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopoeth

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there,

I had some strange DB error messages inside LrC (very rarely, but repeatedly). So I was told to make a full export to a new catalog and see if this helps. Now that I open the newly exported catalog, I cannot find my rather long list of favourite folders/collections. Is there a way to get this back from my "old" catalog?

BR

How did you create this new catalog? The prefered route is to select all photo's and than choose the 'Export as catalog' command from the File menu.
Yh, that's what I did and it worked out like this. My question refers to the favorites list of folders and collections. This list is empty when i open the new catalog and I wanted to know if it's possible to restore those from the old catalog, too.

I had some strange DB error messages inside LrC (very rarely, but repeatedly). So I was told to make a full export to a new catalog and see if this helps. Now that I open the newly exported catalog, I cannot find my rather long list of favourite folders/collections. Is there a way to get this back from my "old" catalog?
Not easily and not unless you've had technical experience with databases. The list of favorite sources is stored in the catalog database in the table Adobe_variablesTable, which you could examine with any of a number of free tools that can read and write Sqlite3 databases.

You could file a feature request with Adobe for Export As Catalog to export the favorites. But even if they implement it (doubtful, since they put very little effort into LR Classic except for Develop these days), it wouldn't be available for many months at a minimum.

Not easily and not unless you've had technical experience with databases. The list of favorite sources is stored in the catalog database in the table Adobe_variablesTable, which you could examine with any of a number of free tools that can read and write Sqlite3 databases.

You could file a feature request with Adobe for Export As Catalog to export the favorites. But even if they implement it (doubtful, since they put very little effort into LR Classic except for Develop these days), it wouldn't be available for many months at a minimum.
Thanks for your answer. I have some experience with SQL databases, but that was many years ago. So, I'm not sure, if it would be a good idea for me. Probably you're right about the feature request. Since my original post is 3 weeks old, I have recreated the list manually.

BTW: exporting and changing to a new catalog didn't help in preventing the strangs SQL errors. I've seen that error yesterday while working with the newly exported catalog. So all the effort was in vain. :(

You might post a bug report in the Adobe bug-report forum. That's a more direct, higher-quality channel to Adobe developers than working with support via chat/telephone. Adobe employees often (but not always) engage with you on that forum.

Since I encoutered the error right now, I'll try to post a bug report. BTW: That's the eroor message that pops up, when I try to add images to an existing collction:
1632090904382.png

(Translation: An internal error occured...)

This drives me NUTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back