• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Fast display on 2nd monitor, slow on primary monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul White

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Operating System:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)
Classic version: 7.0 [ 1140024

Question or Description of Problem:
When in Develop, with the 2nd monitor set to Loupe, the image displays instantly when switching images, but the image in the Primary Monitor take 3-5 seconds to display. I had hoped that the (supposed) speed improvements in Classic would remedy the problem, but there has been no change. I am awaiting arrival of my new Nikon D-850 which sets a new bar for HUGE file sizes and I am afraid of how long it will take to display those images. I have an Nvidia K620 with 2GB, running Windows 7 Pro 64, 32GB RAM, on a Viewsonic 2765 LED Primary Monitor and a VP2365 LED Secondary Monitor. I have tried switching monitors to no avail. Anyone have an idea?

How are the monitors connected?
Is one running off the mother board the other off the card?
Unless there is a difference in resolution; the issue is likely in the computer itself.

Tim

How are the monitors connected?
Is one running off the mother board the other off the card?
Unless there is a difference in resolution; the issue is likely in the computer itself.

Tim
Both are on the card and both are the same resolution. No other programs exhibit this delay.

Have you tried switching the primary in the Windows Settings and see if the problem fallows the port or the Windows setting?

A long time ago with a Matrox card and multi monitor setup; the card was really slow on one display. And Windows by default made this the primary....

Tim

Yes, I have tried doing that, but it did not improve the speed.
Let me see if I understand your scenarios And please verify that you have tried all three:

Monitor A: Lightroom Primary. Screen refresh is peppy. Other apps are peppy too.
Monitor B: Lightroom Secondary. Screen refresh is sluggish. Other apps are peppy.

Switch Lightroom Primary and Secondary
Monitor A: Lightroom Secondary. Screen refresh is sluggish. Other apps are peppy.
Monitor B: Lightroom Primary. Screen refresh is peppy. Other apps are peppy.

Switch monitors so the Monitor A is plugged into Monitor B port
Monitor A: Lightroom Primary. Screen refresh is peppy. Other apps are peppy too.
Monitor B: Lightroom Secondary. Screen refresh is sluggish. Other apps are peppy.

To simplify: The Lightroom Primary is sluggish no matter what port the monitor is connected to and no matter which monitor it is displayed on, and regardless whether the monitor is designated as Monitor #1 or Monitor #2. All other apps are peppy on both monitors, no matter which port they are connected to and no matter whether they are designated as Monitor #1 or Monitor #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back