• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

"Failed to send Email"

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
When I attempt to email photos from within Lightroom: File > Export > Lightroom Presets > For email I get the following error message

"Failed to establish connection with the outgoing email server. Please make sure you have entered the email account and password correctly."

I have tried resetting Preferences > Restore export preferences, I am using Mac Maverick 10.9.1 and my default mail account is gmail. I can of course export to the desktop then attach files to a gmail message but that seems to be an unnecessary step. Any suggestions? thank you

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Has the outgoing email worked with LR before?

If you go to the email settings in LR, what ports and security settings are you using?

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am not sure if it ever worked, I think probably not. How do I check email settings? I do not see any menus for this. I am using 5.3

Jack Henry

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
What I get when I use this, is a new mail message pop up with the photo attached.

It's using the normal Apple Mail Application to do this. Even if Mail is closed, it will open into a new message. It's not actually using a Lightroom Mail function as such. It's just attaching it to Apple Mail. Are you perhaps using a third party mail app?

Also, I'm not sure what is different about using the method you mention (apart from the various options) or just 'File > Email Photo'

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Thank you, figured it out. From File > Email photo > see the email pop up page > click on the up/down arrows and go to "email account manager". In my case my gmail info showed up and I realized I had recently changed my password and needed to update it here. Hope this helps someone.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Well done, thanks for posting back.