Facial Recognition

Bez G.

In answer to, "Does anyone know of any standalone facial tagging tools which I can export back as keywords to facial regions using sidecar files? "
TagThatPhoto is a Windows-based app and writes face tags in MWG-XMP and MSRI-XMP formats. It is relatively new and I have been using for 3 months on about 20,000 images. The accuracy is very good; I don't use Facebook or any of the cloud services so can't compare. Hope that helps.

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
@Bez G.

Are you saving the meta-data to Lr? Or where?
And how does it compare to the Lr Facial Recognition?

Lastly, welcome to the Lightroom Forums.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Just a caution about Excire in general. It generates keywords that are independent of your keyword list. For me that is a significant issue. I think the only way that I could use Excire is if they published their keyword hierarchy, so that we could incorporate it into Lightroom along with extensions for our particular interests. Sol?

For facial recognition, Excire would have to accept our choice of names for people's faces. The benefit of Excire here is that it probably has a more advanced AI-based feature recognition system.

Phil

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
@Bez G.

Are you saving the meta-data to Lr? Or where?
And how does it compare to the Lr Facial Recognition?

Lastly, welcome to the Lightroom Forums.
Both good questions. Ideally someone would have a facial recognition plug-in, but that might be hard to write for the typical plug-in author.