• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Facial Recognition in a crowd

commerce

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I have several pictures, including sports pictures, where there is a crowd in the background. In some cases, Lightroom will detect dozens of faces, none of which are known to me. I know I can edit the picture and delete the little squares that I do not want, but that takes a lot of time. Is there a quicker way to get rid of all of the faces that Lightroom has detected? I do not want to turn the feature off completely, I just want to eliminate the faces in the crowd.

Solution
There's no obvious way of deleting all those face regions, but it can be achieved:

1. Put those "several pictures" into a new static collection, then select that collection as the source in the Library module.
2. Go through the images one by one to ensure that you name any face regions that you want to remain (if any).
3. With the collection still the selected source, click on the "O" (oh) key to bring up People mode.
4. The people panel will be divided into "Named" (if any) and "Unnamed" face regions that are in any of the images in that collection.
5. Click on the first face region thumbnail in the "Unnamed" section, then shift-click on the last "Unnamed" region, which selects them all.
6. Hover over any of the selected "Unnamed"...
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
There's no obvious way of deleting all those face regions, but it can be achieved:

1. Put those "several pictures" into a new static collection, then select that collection as the source in the Library module.
2. Go through the images one by one to ensure that you name any face regions that you want to remain (if any).
3. With the collection still the selected source, click on the "O" (oh) key to bring up People mode.
4. The people panel will be divided into "Named" (if any) and "Unnamed" face regions that are in any of the images in that collection.
5. Click on the first face region thumbnail in the "Unnamed" section, then shift-click on the last "Unnamed" region, which selects them all.
6. Hover over any of the selected "Unnamed" face region thumbnails, and an "X" will appear bottom left of the thumbnail. Clicking on that will delete all the those unnamed regions, whilst retaining any named regions.

Solution