• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! No new features in the mid-April release, but new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. Here's the usual list

face recognition in LR classic

barryb1717

Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
I'm new to using face recognition in LR. When I go to people view and start searching all faces, I am clicking on the correct ones, but I have a question about the unnamed people. Should I click the X on all of the incorrect ones, or should I leave them alone. Also, does LR pull up all of these again the next time I want to search? I want it to only search on the new pictures I import, not the same ones that were already searched.

Thanks.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom identifies the face region only once. When you have an unconfirmed entry that shows a tentative name (ending in ?) you can do one of Several things:

- Click the check mark to accept/confirm
- Type a new name in the box which accepts it
- Click the "no" symbol (line/circle) to remove the tentative name
- Leave it alone

The first two move to confirmed and it's just done.

The second two leave it unconfirmed (either with the guess there or not) and it will still be unconfirmed if you come back to it.

The other thing you can do is right click and "Remove face region". This removes the guess entirely, and it will not find that face again (unless you use the special option to find again, but that's a whole different story).

My normal process is to do a folder at a time, go through and pick up the right guesses, then start coding the ones it guessed wrong with the right names. Finally if there are people I want to look up or ask about I use the circle/line to remove the bad guess, but leave it present. Any others, that I do not want in my list, I select all and right click, remove face region so they don't keep showing up.

I personally leave the mass, search everything turned off, and explicitly go in one folder at a time, because I have a lot of shots at events (e.g. think baseball or basketball) with hundreds of people in the audience. I really don't want those shots processed at all, only family gatherings, which are (almost) always in their own folders in a separate inport.