• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Library module Face Recognition and Keywords - In a pickle

iwaddo

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I have got into a bit of a pickle with peoples names and keywords.

I have read elsewhere of Lightroom 'hijacking' a keyword to use it as a People keyword.

In the people module I have 2052 images identified as my son. The keyword of my sons name has 2137 identified images.

I have found that I can rename my son in the People module and LR then splits the keyword, one for his new name and one for the original name. There are two odd things about how LR has split the keywords. 1, both keywords are ticked as Person, and 2, the split is 2046 identified as my son in the People module, not 2052 and 91 identified with the original keyword.

I have been experimenting with renaming keywords in an effort to 'merge' them together but I have yet too fine a way that works consistently. I have also found that if I use the arrow to the right of the original keyword it shows me the 91 images but when I then switch to the People module it only seems to show me the images that have a face recognition keyword.

I am wondering if there any words of wisdom or guidance that may be of help; other than do not bother with the People module.

Thank you for your help.

iwaddo

I used a sledge hammer to resolve this.

I told LR to reindex all 95,000 images, it took 30 hours! I then deleted all my people name keywords and I am starting again.

Not ideal but it will mean my catalog is nice and tidy.