• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Face detectiion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnieWilliams

Lightroom Version Number
LR Clasic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
It suddenly started and won't stop. I checked catalog setting and face detection is turned OFF. It keeps running and when it stops to display faces, it move me from photos I'm viewing to another location in the film strip and I have to keep searching for the photo I was looking at in Library. It does this every minute or two. What is going on and how do I stop it?

Try clicking on the white triangle at the right end of the identity plate and pause Face Detection:
2019-12-25 07_19_21-Window.png

I don't see how that would be possible, Hal. If the Catalog Setting is turned off, Face Detection in the Activity Panel should automatically be paused. The only way I know that Face Detection could be active while the Catalog Setting is disabled is if the People View is enabled on the toolbar.

Jim,
Face detection is turned off in my catalogue, and I can still unpause it in the Activity Panel.

Yes, and after you unpause it have you checked the Catalog Settings again? On my Mac system unpausing it toggles the catalog setting back on again, so my thinking was that as Bonnie reported that the Catalog Setting is disabled, Face Detection must still be paused.

Yes, you're right. The Pause button and the check-box in the catalogue settings do exactly the same thing.

Thanks - The first time I looked up the catalog setting to see if face recognition was on, I had not discovered the pause triangle yet. The strange thing is I don't know how face detection was turned on in the first place. It started suddenly while I was sorting photos to flag them for picks and deletes. After I discovered the catalog face rec box was not checked, I did a google search and learned about the pause triangle. So I paused it but it only lasted a few minutes and began again. Thanks for your quick response. I'll be using LR again later today (on a Mac) and I'll double check those setting to make sure I'm not toggling it OFF/ON. I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back