Extremely slow startup with Win10 anniversary update (over 2 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don N.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi all,

I just updated Win10 to the anniversary update, and it now takes over 2 minutes to start LIghtroom from the time the splash screen first appears to when it disappears, whereas before the update, it took only 10-15 seconds. I'm running a reasonably fast computer, with 16Gb, I7 processor with 8 cores at 3.1 GHz, 2 1Tb hybrid drives and an NVidia 660M video card. My catalog is pretty small, with about 300 RAW pics. I'm running the latest update of Lightroom CC.

Has anyone else experienced this after the WIndows update? All my other Adobe apps work as before - Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. This behavior also happens on occasion when switching to a different photo, though I can't seem to reproduce that.

Any help is much appreciated.

Don

I would check virus protection first, but would not expect that to be the problem.
The first item I really think it might be is the Adobe Application Manager phoning home to check license status. So try starting with all networks disabled and see if that improves the performance.

My attempt to update to Win 10 was wrong from the beginning. First download was corrupt. The next installation went well. But there were some huge problems. First of all, I was highly displeased with MC automatical upgrading. I wasted many time because of it. Fortunately, it didn’t crash my computer and I didn’t lose valuable data. The other problem consisted in multiples mistakes and bugs. It concerned Lightroom too. I simply had no access to my catalogues. Anyway, I got back to my Win 7.
Concerning your problem. I agree with the previous commentator and recommend to disable all network boot programs (especially vpn, because sometimes it makes internet connection slow). Try to update your graphics driver. In addition, Adobe offers support to Win 10 users. You can visit their website for additional support.

Thanks for your replies. I've tried your suggestions, without any luck. Guess I"ll try the Adobe support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back