external editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.SV

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6.1.
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have LR version 6.1 and Photoshop elements 2020.,which is the default external editor.But when I try to Edit the selected image in LR- the PE 2020 editor opens up but I don't see the image.Can somebody help me?Thanks in advance

I do not have an answer to your problem, only a suggestion.
Try setting Ps-Elements as an ADDITIONAL External Editor in the Preferences, as per the instructions here in 'Lightroom Killer Tips' (A Scott Kelby site)-
ELEMENTS as Edit-in Lightroom
Maybe the 'new' 2020 Elements does not like talking to the 'Six year old' Lr6 :)
Or perhaps un-install and re-install Elements. (That might reset the Windows registry link for Lr).

Thank you my friend I-See-Light for the reply.Thank you so much for your prompt help and guidance

Earlier I checked Kelby's answer.But no where I find the support file, in PE2020.The problem is PE opens but no image found.After 2-3 minutes delay you get the pop up in LR 6.1 " The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor could not be launched" Now when I press OK,automatically PE 2020 opens with the image..Twice I reinstalled PE 2020 and once I reinstalled LR 6.1,but no use.So every time I have to wait at least 3 minutes for PE2020 to open up with the image.

As I was searching for the answer in Adobe Support community, One MR.Bald Eagle63, in his response to similar question gave the idea of copying PE 2020 editor with a rename ( In my case I renamed the copied file as PE2020) and repasted in C drives programme file and then chose this in 2nd editor in LR preferences.Ereka! now the image is opening in my Photoshop elements 2020, and my problem is solved.
Thank you my friend .
I felt my experience may be useful to other members facing similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back