• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

External Editor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutz

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Selecting any external editor freezes Lightroom unless I press enter - it then opens the selected editor without option to edit original, copy, or copy with L/R edits. Worked fine until two days ago. Tried deleting/reentering presets, updating plug-ins. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I get this behavior when I choose edit in Photoshop when editing a RAW file (opens in Photoshop without option to edit original, copy or copy with LR edits). If I choose edit in Photoshop with a TIFF file I do get the options.

Also when I choose edit in for any of the Topaz product plug-ins I get the choices options.

I have my edit in LR preferences set up to create a Tiff file etc.

However I am using a Mac with Big Sur and LR version 10.0

This started when either I installed Big Sur or LR 10.0.

Ditto - Photoshop 10.1 on Windows 10 PC, LR 9.4: "edit in Photoshop" does not create a TIFF filename-Edit, also no option to edit original, copy or copy with LR edits.
So not due to Big Sur.
Thank goodness the previous version of Photoshop is still on my PC, so it will be easy to revert.

When you are using RAW files and select edit in PS if the Camera raw in LrC is the same Camera Raw plug-in in PS. The rendered RAW file with your LrC edits will display automatically in PS and you will get no dialog with options.

It’s interesting to see that this happens every time. Lightroom gets an update, and all of a sudden some people are convinced that the previous version showed the ‘Edit a copy/Edit original’ dialog for raw files too. In reality it didn’t. It only does that for non-raw files.

It’s interesting to see that this happens every time. Lightroom gets an update, and all of a sudden some people are convinced that the previous version showed the ‘Edit a copy/Edit original’ dialog for raw files too. In reality it didn’t. It only does that for non-raw files.
Thanks, Johan - this is happening for tiff and jpeg files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back