• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

External edit choice not possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterelliston2-btinternet

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.3 with C Raw 13.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi
Not sure if this has already been posted. If so, apologies. I have Lightroom Classic 10.3 on my iMac on macOS 11.5 Big Sur which I use in conjunction with Photoshop. The latest updates to Photoshop 2021 have proved problematic so I reverted back to an earlier Photoshop 2020 version. However, Lightroom will only allow external editing on Photoshop 2021 when I go to Preferences and external editing. There is no dropdown box or option to pick another version of Photoshop such as 2020. Is this not possible? Or is there another way of solving this?
Thanks
Peter

Thanks John for that very quick reply. But one snag! I downloaded that plugin on my iMac and tried to follow the instructions, But there is no file to unzip. All I see are three files which seem to be text files with the extension .lua. One is Info,one Selector and the third is Unselect. Neither of those will enable me to load the plugin. Any suggestions.
Thanks
Peter

Use Plugin Manager, point to the created folder with the three files in, it'll see it as a Plugin. The Plugin comprises the three files.

Paul
Thanks for your help but this is still defeating me! It seems that I have installed this plugin as when I go to Plugin Manager it says it is installed and running. But when I go back to External Editing in Lightroom Preferences that is still stuck on Photoshop 2021 and there is no choice to move from that to Ps 2020. I expect the reason for that is because I haven't somewhere specified that I want to choose PS 2020 but that is where I cannot find the way to do that. I can't seem to find the section Plugin extras to do that.
Any more ideas gratefully received.
Thanks
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back