• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Extending Gallery Embed Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodieq

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hey friends!

I am very much loving Lightroom CC in many ways. Mostly, what I love is the ability to have a truly universal photo system that exists everywhere. Alas, my question.

Now that I can have one album act as the “home” for a certain group of photos, and I can create and share that galley right from where it is, I am beginning to use the provided embed code on my WordPress website where I m building a family timeline. The embeds work fine, but I would like to tweak them. For example:

1) I would love to be able to embed a galley, not just a slideshow
2) I would love to be able to randomize the slideshow photos instead of having them play in the same sequence
3) I would love to have a full screen option for the slideshow

Anyone else used the embedding code from Lightroom CC?

Thanks!

I suspect it's not widely used because it doesn't have much flexibility, so it's just one collection, only the slideshow, no obvious options. But as you mention Wordpress, take a look at the embed code that is generated.

Code:
<div class='lr_embed' style='position: relative; padding-bottom: 50%; height: 0; overflow: hidden;'><iframe id='iframe' src='https://lightroom.adobe.com/embed/shares/ffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/slideshow?background_color=%23191919&color=%23cccdcd' frameborder='0'style='width:100%; height:100%; position: absolute; top:0; left:0;' ></iframe></div>

If you know your HTML and CSS, there's stuff you can do. So the background colour %23cccdcd might be %23ffffff . One could probably create more CSS to change things, but it's a bit of an effort and it would be so great if Adobe would just publish an API.

John

@johnbeardy Thanks for the reply

I have already done what you suggested, play with the background colors, etc. It's not a big deal. The way I am building my site has the embedded slideshow with a button to go to the Lightroom published gallery page in a new window. Kind of clunky, but not a big deal.

Agreed that an API would be awesome!

How do you get the embed code? Is it coming from a desktop version? Don’t see it on iOS...

Thank you so much Victoria! I find it surprising that the embed link is not shown in Lr CC Mac/Windows/iOS. But at least I can get it on the web now!

The web interface still leads the way on the web based stuff. The settings are gradually getting added to the other apps a few at a time, so maybe one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back