Exposure Compensation displaying as wacky fraction in loup view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinephoto

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
LR Ver 6.14
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Recently my exposure compensation info set up to display in loup view began displaying as a fraction instead of -1, +2 etc. What do I need to do to change it back?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.15.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.15.50 PM.png
    771.6 KB · Views: 130
The EV value is within a gnats eyelash of -1/2. Double the numerator differs from the denominator by 1 in the last place.

My guess is that LR's routine that converts floating point values to fractions is messing up a little. Do all your fractional EV values show up looking that funny? What camera are you using?

The EV value is within a gnats eyelash of -1/2. Double the numerator differs from the denominator by 1 in the last place.

My guess is that LR's routine that converts floating point values to fractions is messing up a little. Do all your fractional EV values show up looking that funny? What camera are you using?
Hal,

I just revisited the problem and noticed something I had not noticed before. To whit the screwy EV fractionalized numbers only appeared on images that I had processed with Topaz Denoise and Gigapixel. Apparently something happens within those apps that cause this to occur.

Thanks!

Hal,

I just revisited the problem and noticed something I had not noticed before. To whit the screwy EV fractionalized numbers only appeared on images that I had processed with Topaz Denoise and Gigapixel. Apparently something happens within those apps that cause this to occur.

Thanks!
I would guess a bug is in the Topaz apps that changes the EV value in the file header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back