exporting with 1-2 pixel borders

Status
Not open for further replies.

arez

Hi,

I've been using Lightroom since it came out, and am generally able to find my way to good results, with the help of forums, books and sometimes just plain nosing around in the program.

Have hit a wall with this one though:

I am trying to find a simple way to place a black 1-3 pixel border around an image before exporting it to my photoblog. Though it's easy to do in printing, not so much otherwise. I have used the Effects heading in the Develop module, as well as diffferent presets available - but nothing really comes close to a simple clean black border. Is there a preset out there for this? Any other suggestions ?

See my site and the latest post of Scottish Highland Cattle to see the problem.

www.anthonyreczek.com

I'm using Wordpress and Thesis for the photoblog, but so far haven't found the solution in those forums - though I've just searched, and have not actively posted to this problem.

Many thanks!

Welcome to the forums, arez :)

I would suggest you have a look at the Mogrify plugin.

Beat

Another option that came to my mind:

If you have a program that can apply borders in batch (i.e. IrfanView), you could also setup an export action to apply a border to your images at export time.

Beat

My advice would also be Mogrify. You can do a lot more with it, actually, and it's definitely worth whatever you're paying it (you get to choose, as it's donation-ware). Otherwise, if you own Photoshop, you might also write a custom action that does the border-adding (basically extending the canvas set to black by two pixels in each direction), convert that to a Droplet and add it as a post-processing action. Oh, and you speak of blogging: there's also the LR/Blog export plugin that might interest you: it automatically uploads pictures to your blog. It's also available through the same site as LR/Mogrify: www.photographers-toolbox.com

Otherwise, if you own Photoshop, you might also write a custom action that does the border-adding (basically extending the canvas set to black by two pixels in each direction), convert that to a Droplet and add it as a post-processing action.
Unfortunately, you can't use Droplets on publishing, only exports. Mogrify reportedly will although I haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back