Exporting virtual copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

photodan2009

After editing a photo job, I have some Virtual Copies of some images. In my Library, they appear as "1 of 2" and "2 of 2", with the first one being the original and the 2nd one being the one I have special effects to. I like for my clients to be able to see both versions. However, when I export all of the images to a folder, it keeps the name for the original version and it creates another name for the virtual copy (i.e. file ''1.jpg and file ''1-2.jpg. This is fine except when I go to post my images online, the file with the "-2" appears first, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the virtual copies of all of these images to appear 2nd! Anyone know how?

Welcome to Lightroom Forums.

It depends how your web gallery is sorted. If it sorts on filename, you need to use a filename template that will sort in the order you prefer.

Are you using the standard export dialog, or a web gallery straight from Lightroom?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you rename during export w/ a sequential number at the end of the name, everything gets renamed and your files will maintain the order they were in before export. I do this out of collections, but I think it also works out of folders. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back