• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Exporting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshgold

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.2 [ 202001311240-2d026470 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Sometimes (not always) when I export a file or two by clicking on 'Export' the whole LR screen freezes and I have no option but to restart my iMac which is fairly annoying....Clues anyone?
Cheers
Graham

Hi Graham,

Are you unable to switch to another running application by CMD-TAB? Or can you access Force Quit (Opt-Cmd-Esc)?

Then just force quit Lightroom.

Also is is perhaps due to one or more specific files.

A good way to safely continue testing would be to select the same images and then Export as Catalog. Then open that exported catalog and try your tests. This will not risk corrupting you main catalog. Also get a current catalog backup if you havn't already done so.

-louie

Lightroom Classic makes extensive use or the fjreesoace on the primary disk for temporary files. If your primary disk is a 256GB or 512GB SSD, you may be running out of freespace. Another area to consider is "file handles". Lightroom needs to create one fore each intermediate file as well as the final export file. The default settings of maxfiles is 1024. If you exceed that limit, MacOS will freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back