• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Exporting opens duplicate copy of target folder in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Little

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When I export an image to a particular folder, if that folder is already open in Windows (listed on the taskbar) the export process opens a new copy of the same folder. To be clear, there aren't now new copies of the folder. Instead, the same folder is opened a second time, so that on the taskbar I see it twice. Also the new copy blinks in a brownish color. This seems to be new behavior, and I'm guessing it has to do with a Windows upgrade, but if it is a change in LR that wouldn't be surprising. Either way, it would be great to stop it.

Check your export settings....it sounds as though you might have "Show in Explorer" listed in the "Post-Processing" section of the export settings dialog.

The "blinks in a brownish colour" is standard Windows activity to attract the users attention when some action occurs in an app that is currently minimised to the taskbar (usually when there's more than one instance of the app stacked in the taskbar).

Check your export settings....it sounds as though you might have "Show in Explorer" listed in the "Post-Processing" section of the export settings dialog.

The "blinks in a brownish colour" is standard Windows activity to attract the users attention when some action occurs in an app that is currently minimised to the taskbar (usually when there's more than one instance of the app stacked in the taskbar).
Bingo! Thank you. I wonder how that happened. Is it a setting that is a default with a new update of LR CC? I don't recall setting this on purpose.

No, I don't believe anything changed default-wise with the last update to Lightroom Classic (it's not called LRCC any more, it hasn't been since LR6 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back