• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Exporting large No of Images IN Date & Time order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safariholic

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Currently exporting Images (developed, sorted etc of over 1,250 to an Album) but it is resulting in them loading in what appears to be Image Number order. Sequence in the Album therefore looks daft.

I am trying to keep them in Chronological order (Date & Time) of Image Capture (even if that was amended).

How ?

Enthusiastic amateur Photographer, who is a bit rubbish with technology - idiot-proof steps required (honest).

Thanks very much for your time/input

Lightroom has no control over the app that you use to view the exported JPEGs. Sort order is only meaningful IN the app that is used to view the images. If you want to view the images in a chronological order you need to instruct the viewing app to sort in that metadata characteristic. Most viewing apps can do this. However, if your viewing app is simplistic and only sorts on file name, then you will need to rename your exported files so that the file name is chronological too.

Lightroom has no control over the app that you use to view the exported JPEGs. Sort order is only meaningful IN the app that is used to view the images. If you want to view the images in a chronological order you need to instruct the viewing app to sort in that metadata characteristic. Most viewing apps can do this. However, if your viewing app is simplistic and only sorts on file name, then you will need to rename your exported files so that the file name is chronological too.

Clee

Thanks. I am exporting the images to a File (Dated Albums, if you will) in a separate Folder (to LR). That is not what I would call an 'app', but that could just be my ignorance. I suspect either way, the Folder is as simplistic as me.

I know how to order exports in LR by Date/Time order, so will do that, if this is only way using my new found 'app'.

Many thanks once again

I am exporting the images to a File (Dated Albums, if you will) in a separate Folder (to LR). That is not what I would call an 'app',
The app that I referenced is the one that you use to view the images once exported. In this case for you the app you are using is Windows Explorer. It is Windows Explorer that determines the sort order in the Explorer window.
More information here: How to alter File Explorer's default sort - TechRepublic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back