• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Exporting image with LR Develop settings

Brimar

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom Version
LR CC 8.2
Operating System
Windows 10
Good morning all, I have been asked to do a demo at my photo club to show how I converted a colour image into mono using LR CC. Generally, this would not be a problem but I will have to use the club's laptop for the demo. I think will need to export the 'before and after' images onto a USB stick and re import into LR CC on the laptop. Is there a way to export images from LR to include the develop settings? I did consider creating a new LR catalog on my desktop, importing the demo images but the Develop settings probably would not come across. Your help would be much appreciated!

Roelof Moorlag

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
If the club's laptop use (the same version) Lightroom then you could considering exporting this one image as catalog to a USB stick and importing it back on the club's computer. (Select the file, go the Lightroom Menu 'File' and choose the option 'Export as Catalog'. Include the negative file).

Brimar

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Thank you for your quick response, I did consider this but I should have pointed out in my post that I have three images that I would like to include in the demo. EDITED: Sorry, I am a little slow this morning, just realised that I am not restricted to exporting just one image! I will give your advice a try.

Roelof Moorlag

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Three images is also no problem. What i tried to explain is that you don't have to export your complete catalog.
Yust select those three images and you are all good!
This way your develop settings are 'copied' over

Johan Elzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Good morning all, I have been asked to do a demo at my photo club to show how I converted a colour image into mono using LR CC. Generally, this would not be a problem but I will have to use the club's laptop for the demo. I think will need to export the 'before and after' images onto a USB stick and re import into LR CC on the laptop. Is there a way to export images from LR to include the develop settings? I did consider creating a new LR catalog on my desktop, importing the demo images but the Develop settings probably would not come across. Your help would be much appreciated!
If you are not sure that the Lightroom version is the same, then export your images as DNG. The settings will be saved inside the DNG metadata, so all you will have to do is import the images at the club.

Harley_Rider

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Hello All;

I was just getting ready to ask a similar question. Johan said that if you use DGN that the setting will be imported. Is it the same if I use RAW and XMP files. Working on my laptop and save the Metadata and create the XMPs. If I import the files on my desktop, will all the meta and edits also be imported?

Thanks

- John

Johan Elzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Hello All;

I was just getting ready to ask a similar question. Johan said that if you use DGN that the setting will be imported. Is it the same if I use RAW and XMP files. Working on my laptop and save the Metadata and create the XMPs. If I import the files on my desktop, will all the meta and edits also be imported?

Thanks

- John
Yes, all metadata will be imported, but do remember that not everything is saved in XMP. Your edit history will not come over, virtual copies won’t, and flags won’t either.