Exporting hierarchical keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs1925

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi

is there any way to export a list including ie filename and the hierarchical keywords of the selected images?

GeneralIy I use LR/Transporter (for importing and exporting) or ListView for exporting - but non of these extensions exports hierarchical keywords - only somehow flat and sorted alphabetically.

When writing metadata to xmp files there is a structure called "hierarchicalSubject" -
it includes the specific keywords seperated by "|". But that's only possible for master images, not for virtual copies.

thx
Bernd

Last edited:
Hi

I found a work around - it's a little bid complicated, but it works!
  1. I export the images with "write keywords as Lightroom hierarchy" - very small JPGs with low quality
  2. using exiftool with "-T -xmp-lr:HierarchicalSubject" on the exported images, generates a list including the keyword hierarchy
  3. in an editor I can replace "," and "|" with ";" and " > " - additionally all extensions must me deleted (using a macro makes this step very easy)
  4. this file can than be imported with LR/Transporter to LR again and generates/synchronize hierarchical keywords for each image perfectly
why?
  • to synchronize keywords of master and (many) virtual copies in the same catalog
  • to synchronize keywords of images accross two catalogs
normally I use two catalags - one for everything analog (35k scanned slides) and one for everything digital (100k images) - sometimes I need to generate a new one (based on exports of these two) and work on that one including optimizing keywords.

hope this helps
regards
Bernd

PS: any other - less complicated - solution would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Nice workaround Bernd, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back