exporting collections

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darjon

When I use LR for my wedding albums, I use collections to sort '1 Bride,'2 Groom,'3 Ceremony, ect.
These collections can get pretty long and go to 2' different categories.
Is there a way to save the empty collections so that I don't have to recreate them each time.

Second, when I export the collections, is there a way to include the child collections as folders with the images in them.
Here's an example of the my collection.

Thanks in advance.

darjon
Picture 33.jpg

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I can't think of a way you can do this using collections Darjon, sorry. Keywords would be a definite possibility though.

1 option is to use the same structure as you've used for your collections, and you can use the import/export keywords to duplicate these for each wedding. Images resulting from those originals would also be tagged with the same keywords, making them easy to track.

I'd be inclined to say that would fit with your current setup best.

Alternatively you could set up the keywords on a flatter scale, whereby you'd have a setup something like:

Names - BrittanyBrian
- FredMary
- JamesKatie

Type of Photography - Wedding
- Engagement
- Portrait

Output options - forAlbum
- forFrame

Part of Day - '1 Bride Gettin'
- '2 Groom Gettin'

... and so forth. You'd find the images in that case by Ctrl-clicking / Cmd-clicking (which platform are you Darjon? would you mind filling in your signature please? Thanks!)

Again, with exporting, I can't immediately think of a way, but the keywords would follow over into Bridge as well as Lightroom on exported images, so it would be easier to move them into folders at that point.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.