• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Exported photos OOF

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Do the" OOF" exported versions look that way in a web browser…and only a web browser?
And if you open them in a regular pixel-based image editor like Photoshop, Affinity Photo, etc. do the same exported images look perfectly sharp but only about half as big as they are in a web browser?

Jeff Donald

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Are you using Mac/Apple Mail to send your photos? If, so Mac Mail May also be applying additional compression, thus severely reducing image quality.

Chessman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Do the" OOF" exported versions look that way in a web browser…and only a web browser?
And if you open them in a regular pixel-based image editor like Photoshop, Affinity Photo, etc. do the same exported images look perfectly sharp but only about half as big as they are in a web browser?
Hi..Apologies for delay.

The pohotos are sharp right the way through from Lr Classic to PS and back. The problem only manifested itself after export but the previous advice re increasing Long Edge and reducing Quality if too large have produced good results at 833 Kb and all is sharp. I can read the nameplate . I'll try reducing the Long Edge bit by bit and see what that does.
Thanks.

Chessman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Are you using Mac/Apple Mail to send your photos? If, so Mac Mail May also be applying additional compression, thus severely reducing image quality.

Hi Jeff. Yes..I only use my Mac Mail..I was unaware that it could add even more compression. Infact, now you mention it when I've sent as friend a full size it's tack sharp every time but at full size an amount of mail compression might not be noticeable.That can be anything from 5MB to 13Mb. There's no problem with full size exporting into my Finder folder either. The problem has definitely been on the Export page of my Lightroom but why now remains a mystery. At the start of this thread I mentioned that this problem didn't exist with Lr4 nor Lr6.14 (Standalone)...it's just appeared with Lr Classic. As mentioned, it seems to have been sorted now.

Thanks.