Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Does anyone know of a plugin or other technique that would allow me to export a photo with the face regions of confirmed faces actually drawn in and the little name boxes present?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
That feature has been requested now and then since face recognition was introduced, though I can't find any such feature requests in the feedback forum. I've considered implementing the feature in a plugin but never got motivated enough, and I'm not aware of another plugin that does it. The only partial solution I know of is to take screenshots of Loupe view with faces enabled.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Ah, well, screen shots are a possibility; thanks. Actually LR's display is not all that good anyway when they are packed together like in a group. It really should pull the stem further out if it cannot keep from occluding other labels or faces.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
The issue of getting a good layout of the names was what has discouraged me from implementing a plugin. I know it's doable (I worked on a similar problem decades ago), but would be a lot of heuristic work that I wouldn't enjoy.
Yeah, it gives me hope as it's the type of thing easy for humans, harder for computers.

There's an alternative you know -- you could generate an HTML/CSS/image combination that called up the display box as you moused-over the face. I mean, if you are bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.