• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Export to JPEG in book module only does 22 pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des Waterfall

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I was wondering if anyone can answer this. I have created a book which is 195 pages with images and text. I have sent it to Blurb and received my book which I am pleased with. I need to get the cost down since it will be a charity book so I decided to export as PDF and JPEG which will give me options to send to other printers. The PDF works and adds a separate PDF for the Cover. However when exporting as JPEG I only get 22 pages, I have tried selecting 'All' in the book module and still cannot get above 22 pages. I have also selected sRGB to see if this will resolve it. There doesn't seem to be any problems with pages around this area. I have tried other books that I have produced and they work OK but they are much smaller in size.

I have searched the Interweb to see if I can find an answer but so far no luck. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Are there options I should select to get past this?

JPEG has a size limit; you may be hitting it (or hitting Adobe limit for JPEG).

I never tried, but surely saving a book as jpeg saves each page separately? Multiple page jpeg doesn't exist.

Yes Johan, each page becomes a separate JPEG so I should get 195 pages plus front and back cover. So far everything I try this book only goes to page 22. As tspear says I may be hitting some limit that is set somewhere but I cannot find any reference to this anywhere and I would be surprised if this is the case. The other books I have tried complete OK but none of these have Images and Text on the pages only on the covers. The download to Blurb and as a PDF work fine and complete satisfactorily.

I don't see why you would be hitting a limit when each page is a separate jpeg anyway. Adobe also does not mention any limits in their help files. There may be some problem with your book, so why don't you try the following: select enough images to make a book with more than 22 pages, switch to the book module to create a new book with these images and let Lightroom fill the book automatically. This should not take more than a few minutes at most. Then see if you can export this book as jpeg.

First, duplicate the book. Try again. How many images are the page 23? Sounds like it is abend'ing (ABnormal ENDing). I would guess it might be one of the pages causing it to fail early. Rearrange the pages, perhaps move pages 20-22 after page 30 and see if that changes things. Or take pages 31-40 and put them to the beginning of the book to see if it changes where the process stops. Fiddle around with the images and order of pages. Something stinky is in there.

Good luck!

Hi Hank, I have followed your advise and duplicated the book. I moved page 22 - 23 to page 30 - 31. I tried the export again and this time it failed at page 30. I decided to move the 2 pages back to page 22-23 and tried again with the same result only 22 pages. Since I have duplicated the book I copied the text from page 23, removed the page and then added a blank page. I changed the page layout to the same as the original, copied the text back and added the same two images. I ran the Export to JPEG and it completed the 195 pages. I have no idea which part of the page caused the problem. It would have been nice if when it failed there was a message that gave a clue. Anyway the duplicate works so now I can figure out what needs to be done to the original book.

Thanks for your help, I hadn't thought of this myself I suppose after spending a lot of time on the book I was worried I might mess it up.

"It would have been nice if when it failed there was a message that gave a clue."

Agree. There are so many places in LR where it fails silently. On a mis-formatted XMP, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back