Export Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmack

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I work with several people who send me images. I have their Export Dialog set up to resize to fit at 1960 x 1280 pixels, resolution at 72 dpi. When I receive the images they are sized at 640 x ...... I have checked their export dialogue boxes and they are correct at 1960 x 1280. The two people I am having this issue with use a MAC. I am a PC user. I have other people who are PC users and the images come to me at 1960 x 1280.

I don't think this is a PC/MAC issue but the numbers are what they are. If it is not a PC/MAC issue why do their images come to me in a reduced size and how can I solve the problem?

Thank you
Merrill

How do they send these images? Apple Mail can resize images before it sends them if you do not disable this setting. Other mail applications can do the same.

I think Johan is on the right track. Get your people to use WeTransfer to send the images to you, if they do not want the hassle (or are unfamiliar with) setting up accounts for Dropbox or similar services.

For years, I have exported from LR to a folder on my desktop, go to my email, attach the image from that folder and walla, been working well since forever.
Seems very straight forward to me. I think though I will check out WeTransfer and I do know I can use Dropbox.

Thanks

I use Windows for my workstation and Macair for travel. I regularly get frustrated with emails from my Mac having the image effectively pasted into the body of the email (which I assume reworks the image ), rather than a file attachment.

If anyone has a sure fire way of adding images as attachments all the time I would welcome your comments.

I think this pattern of behaviour falls into the Apple/Window having different world / cultural views as to what is the best way to handle this scenario.

PostBox looks interesting.

I am committed to Outlook on Windows because I have my workflow organised using vba scripts. Eg. 1 click created fully formatted letter and envelope to the current contact. Nice to know of PostBox existance if my mobile usage increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back