• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Export profile - how to update one?

thany

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When going to the export dialog, and selecting a profile... How do I update its settings? Whenever I make a change while having selected a profile, Lightroom doesn't save them to the profile. But there's also no update/save button.

Afaik, all I can do, is add a new profile, give it a temporary name, delete the outdated profile, and give the temporary the name of the outdated one.This is very tedious, and one would think that adding an update/save button would be incredibly trivial.

Did Adobe seriously not indent for export profiles to ever be updated with new settings? Or am I missing something?

/edit
To a LR forums developer: please look into the editor. When I created this topic, all newlines were gone.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You are missing something. With the Export dialog open. the Export presets are listed in a panel on the left. By choosing one you display its parameters on the right panel. If you make adjustments to the paramer]ters the Right click on the selected named preset in the Left panel and choose "Update with current Settings".
If you want to create a new preset with the parameters in the right panel. click on the {Add} button below the preset list in the Left panel.

thany

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I see, you are totally right.
The thing is, when doing some modifications in a profile, the loaded profile on the left is no longer selected. So intuitively I felt the need to select it and then right-click it. I guess left-clicking it was what's causing my poblem. The weird thing is that right-clicking it doesn't focus it, which is unorthodox, in Windows at least.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying :)