• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

export presets | file renaming is not remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart van Hattem

Bart
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
cc 7.5
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi getting nuts about this, made a lot of export so the first part of my filenames is automaticly renamed after categorie, portfolio and so on. But in the export field the rename template is not always remebered. (see the screenshot for the [place) i have made a lot of them and the differences are small but this should not be a problem i think. Made them new over and over again etc. Who knows a solution ? Thks ! Bart

You can create an Export preset that has the renaming template preset listed in the renaming field. This will insure that the renting template is always called when this export preset is used. Letting the value default to the previous used value often gets reset to "nil" when LR restarts.

You can create an Export preset that has the renaming template preset listed in the renaming field. This will insure that the renting template is always called when this export preset is used. Letting the value default to the previous used value often gets reset to "nil" when LR restarts.
Thanks Cletus, i don't hace selected prevo=ious bu made several specific export presets with renaminig templates selected for those ones... Thanks for trying to help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back